Friday, April 1, 2016

Filming Begins

     I gathered my filming crew (my friends who I trust knowing what to do with a camera) and we started filming yesterday. The scene's that took place in the morning were filmed first since we needed to take advantage of the day light. We used an iPad to film since it has better resolution than my phone. Unfortunately once it became night. it became incredibly hard to film and shots appeared very grainy. The majority of my film intro is in the dark so before I can film those scene's I have to either find a camera than film with high quality in the dark, or figure out if the iPad has a settings control so I can change the iris and shudder speed (which it probably doesn't have but who knows).  I can get my hands on a TV Production camera but I wouldn't know how well they film in the dark unless I test them myself (or Doster knows for some reason) so next time I'm in my TV Production class I'm going to test it in the studio or sound room.  At this point you're probably wondering why I didn't just use the camera from my class in the first place. Personally I think they're too much of a hassle most of the time, they're frail, if your battery dies then that's it since they don't give you a charger, I have to constantly be shifting the iris and focus nearly every time I move the camera. New Apple products tend to have higher quality images than those cameras, they automatically shift the focus and iris for every shot, this is incredibly useful when you have very little time to actually film. I am working on other people's schedule as well as my own so I need to film quickly. I will probably have a solution within a couple of days, the next post will either involve that or my current footage.
   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment