Saturday, March 26, 2016

Acting isn't easy

     I have a clear image for how I want one of my characters to look like, and that's simply because I projected my own image on to him. As much as I imagined for the character to resemble me, I would much rather be behind the camera the entire time to get exactly what I want, camera work also happens to be something I'm pretty decent at. Despite how little dialogue there is in my script, I would still want somewhat decent actors in my intro. I have plenty of friends in drama who could do it but I would also prefer if they matched my image





   My main characters partner is one I wrote entirely thinking of my friend, because I wanted this character to reflect ratty criminals like Steve Buscemi in nearly every crime movie he's done. My friend loves Steve Buscemi, specifically the character of Mr Pink is "Reservoir Dogs". I loved the idea of basing the character off Mr. Pink so much that I made his proxy name Mr. Pink in the script since his name is never stated in the intro.

1 comment:

  1. So since you have your script finished and your main character set I would assume you have a concrete plot and story that you are following, however you haven't shared much about your film other than about the character and the genre. I think it would help your blog and make your project clearer if you explained the basis of your plot. Overall, your blog just seems a little vague at times. For example, when you hyper link things, don't just put that you will be using "this" and link your audience to a page. This is lazy and not too effective as your audience will not be interested in going to this source if they do not know what they are about to open, how it helped you, or why you used it. You should be more thorough in your research and don't just include things to include them. Like in your "genre change" entry the examples of movies similar to your genre are great but they don't really help if you do not explain how they are similar or what specific elements you are thinking of drawing from them. Cite your sources, Good luck and I hope your project turns out great.

    ReplyDelete