Wednesday, March 23, 2016

And The Script is Done!!!!!!!

      As the title implies, the script is done! At least for the time being if enough people tell me it's bad there are several things I should change then I'll revise it.  For now I like it a lot more than I expected. I was constantly putting it off, through self-sabotage. I would constantly tell myself things "like my idea isn't complete, I don't have an ending yet, I'm not good at script writing, etc." At the end of the day I was just making excuses to be lazy, and this is a great step forward. For an action/thriller it's intro takes a horror element. The reason for this is because the main character is seen as kind of a mythical figure. He's a criminal enforcer, and he adds theatrics to his assassination, so the opening exemplifies this with a stylized intro
     To get inspired I started to listen to different songs with a grim tone (or jokingly grim) I started listening to Simon & Garfunkel-Sound of Silence, The Specials-Ghost Town, and Pokemon Red & Blue-Lavender Town Music. It was actually really effective to start forming ideas. Once I got to the morning portion of the intro I started listening to  Summer Breeze, simply for the fact that it reminded me of Reservoir Dogs, and I feel like my film idea takes a few pages from that film.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment