Thursday, March 10, 2016

Let's find a genre

I can't stand this process. I'm stuck on idea's for this project. Nearly everything I come up with has something that can be done. Whether it be having enough suits for my crime idea, or using a restaurant as the setting of an accident. I keep realizing that something either can't be done or would  be incredibly difficult to pull off. At the same time, I think this attitude I have towards these ideas are just self sabotage, sure they would be difficult but they aren't outlandish for a film opening with no budget. The most doable idea I have is comedy, since it would mostly be dialogue based. The only issue I have is, whether or not I have the writing skills, to write something most people find funny. Once I'm done with the script, I'll show it to as many friends as possible, to see what they think. After that I'll make revisions.

http://www.writersdigest.com/whats-new/10-ways-to-improve-your-writing-while-thinking-like-a-comedy-writer
Jasheway, Leigh Anne. "10 Ways to Improve Your Writing While Thinking Like a Comedy Writer | WritersDigest.com." WritersDigest.com. N.p., 17 Jan. 2012. Web. 10 Mar. 2016.
This may help with the improving process.

Jasheway, Leigh Anne. "10 Ways to Improve Your Writing While Thinking Like a Comedy Writer | WritersDigest.com." WritersDigest.com. N.p., 17 Jan. 2012. Web. 10 Mar. 2016.

http://www.movieoutline.com/articles/the-4-rules-of-comedy-writing-for-screenwriters.html
Gilles, D.B. "The 4 Rules of Comedy Writing For Screenwriters."Movieoutline. Nuvotech Limited, n.d. Web.
This is another helpful article, just thought I should share some of what I was researching.


No comments:

Post a Comment